Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bad Movie Society - The Star Wars Holiday Special



Until a few months ago, I didn't know about The Star Wars Holiday Special. Downers Grove's #1 internet personality without Facebook, John, told me about it. This was one of the nicest things he's done for me besides writing songs for our band, and let me tell you why. Star Wars is a great movie franchise, but Star Wars as a variety show is very bad. You get Chewbacca's relatives, a performance by the already terrible Jefferson Starship, and enough corniness to make Return of the Jedi blush. Cult-fans approve Boba Fett's introduction (I think this guy liked him a lot back in the day, too), but that's about all there is that's valuable here.  As such, I enjoy it very much. Find part 1 below, and you can do the rest. I should note that finding a hard copy of this is not easy, and that is why I love youtube.

No comments: