Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Did you hear? Texas is the Reason/ The Promise Ring Split


What is autumn if it doesn’t include some nineties emo jams? Whoops! Sorry emo purists. Nineties Midwestern emo-indie jams. Better? Good.

This is a split between two bands you probably already know by now: Texas is the Reason and The Promise Ring. I believe Texas is the Reason was on their last leg as a band, and the Promise Ring was just getting started. The Promise Ring gained more notoriety and put out a lot more material, but I think Texas is the Reason’s side is better. When I bought this split at Reckless a year or two ago, my friend Pat told me that “E. Texas Ave.” was his favorite Promise Ring song. Please give this split a listen and tell me what you think.

P.S. How perfect is that cover art? This is out of print, but go buy yourself a copy on ebay. Black wax will probably cost you under 8 bucks. Totally worth it.

Get it here!

No comments: