Saturday, September 25, 2010

Songs from 2010 - Part 1 - Laredo

Cat Plaza #4 dropped next week, and like in every issue, there is a playlist and a couple of articles about music. While you should buy that and make my taste yours, you should also open up to my stuffing more music opinions down your throat. Now she's claiming that I bruised her esophagus.

Year-end lists are great. The best record is never the one at the top, and so much slips through the cracks, but they're fun. You like em, I like em. I'll post some 2010-songs I like in the upcoming months.




Band of Horses is a great band. So smooth and pleasing. Their new record didn't generate the hype that their earlier stuff did, and that's a shame because it's good. 

On "The Funeral," their most-played jam, they sang about some lofty stuff that was important I think. The lyrics to "Laredo" are better, and my favorite line from 2010 that wasn't written by Kanye West can be found in it. "I put a bullet in my Kia Lorenzo." Such a perfect real-life detail crossed with a bullet thing that probably didn't happen. Nobody else is singing about Kias, and every musician's gotta drive one before they make it.

No comments: